What do you offer to your guests that sets you apart from your competitors?
- Location – in the heart of fashionable Mayfair, moments from Bond Street – It’s the ultimate shopping location!
- The English Tea Room serves one of the most famous afternoon teas in London. As well as the traditional Afternoon Tea, also available is the unique ‘Tea-Tox’ – a healthy version of traditional afternoon tea, including low calorie canapés instead of sandwiches, fruit skewers instead of scones and sugar free pastries.
- Brown’s prides itself on being family friendly and has designed a unique ‘Five Star Kids’ programme for all of its younger visitors. This includes a series of gifts, which could include a copy of The Jungle Book, as well as a huge selection of goodies such as personalised presents in their room on arrival. We provide children’s dressing gowns and slippers, themed bed linens, junior bath time accessories (temperature tester, plastic ducks, flannels, bubble bath and pampering products) and techno toys such as Wii’s, X-Box 360s for children over 13 years of age.
What amenities does your property have that make you unique?
- Amenities for guests at Brown’s are bespoke. We have many regular guests, and we ensure that their favorite treats are in the room when they arrive. Our Head Housekeeper keeps a note of items that regular guests use/appreciate so that when they return we can have these products, be it a candle, body cream, room mist, bath oil etc. in the room when they arrive.
- The amenities in-room on arrival for those traveling with babies or children are unique and make family travel more enjoyable. If traveling with a baby, Brown’s Hotel will prepare the room with a cot with baby bed linen and a motion mobile and will provide full changing facilities including the nappies and cream, glow and night lights, bathroom products and even a hooded towel.
Do you have a prized restaurant, bar, spa or nightclub that keeps guests coming back?
- HIX Mayfair recently underwent a renovation and has a more relaxed and buzzy atmosphere and is proving extremely popular. Specializing in the finest quality British cooking using only carefully sourced local seasonal ingredients, Executive Chef Lee Streeton and Director of Food Mark Hix offer an outstanding menu featuring great British classics alongside many lighter fish and shellfish dishes. HIX Mayfair is home to a special collection of works from celebrated British artists, making this one of the capital’s most spectacular dining rooms. These include a neon by Tracey Emin; photography by Rankin; paintings by Bridget Riley, Michael Landy, Fiona Rae, Keith Coventry, Toby Zeigler, Peter Peri, Caragh Thuring and Mat Collishaw, and line drawings by Tim Noble & Sue Webster.
- The Donovan Bar is one of London’s most vibrant and fashionable watering holes, serving an exciting range of ‘must-try’ cocktails. The Donovan Bar’s signature cocktail is the “Box Brownie,” made with strawberries that are infused for 12 hours in a secret combination of liqueurs and topped with Champagne. The mixologists in The Donovan Bar have also recently launched a new concept called ‘My Martini for Two’ which offers couples the chance to create their own martinis at their table. Guests are served beautiful apothecary bottles of Grey Goose Vodka and Tanqueray Gin, an atomiser of vermouth and a choice of olives, onions and lemon twists. This is presented on a silver tray with two elegant martini glasses so that couples can share martinis and create, at their table, their very own perfect martini.
How do you cater not just to guests but keep your property hot and relevant on the local scene?
- The location of Brown’s Hotel, in the heart of Mayfair, means that we remain popular with the local market as well as in-house guests. We have a daily changing set menu in HIX Mayfair and the a la carte offerings change every two weeks ensuring that regular local guests come back to try new dishes.
- The Spa at Brown’s Hotel offers a selection of the most coveted advanced health and beauty treatments available, which are designed to relax and pamper whilst providing the maximum benefit. We have different seasonal treatments and we pride ourselves on our express treatments that are popular with local business people short on time.
Which room in the hotel is considered the best, and why?
- We have four magnificent signature suites that are all on the first floor of the hotel with stunning floor to ceiling windows overlooking either Albemarle or Dover Streets. No two suites are alike, and the Hellenic and Kipling Suites have been designed to incorporate some of the amazing history the hotel has to offer. Rudyard Kipling wrote ‘The Jungle Book’ whilst staying at Brown’s Hotel, and Brown’s Hotel was the official court of the Greek Royal Family during the 1920s.
Photo courtesy of ThirdNightFree