As all who’ve had to trek around the globe for business or pleasure, travelling can be fun but it can also be incredibly stressful. Here are some of the best Smart phone apps that will make a journey much easier and enjoyable.
- The Free Wi-Fi Finder points out the nearest free Wi-Fi location, is available for Android, iPhone, and iPad, and best of all, it’s free. However, one must keep in mind that free Wi-Fi can be slow and unsafe, so renting unlimited mobile Wi-Fi may be a better choice
- WhatsApp Messenger, when installed, allows users to text and send audio messages and photos back and forth for free. There is no charge for the first year of use, and afterwards there is a small fee of 99 cents. The app is available for Android, iPhone, Nokia, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry.
- ITA Software’s On The Fly is a free app and provides a list of flight options and itineraries for the lowest price. A terrific option for those who can’t get to a computer, the app is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Hotel Tonight is another free app catering to solo travellers or couples by offering deep discounts at luxury hotels in the U.S. or London. As the name implies, the app is for last minute accommodations and the rates are published after 12 noon on the day of check-in. Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch users can all take advantage of Hotel Tonight.
- Seat Guru, a no-cost app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, allows users to pull up their flight number’s seat maps, and see which seats might be the most comfortable to select if they are still available. However, for some airlines, Seat Guru information may not be accurate.
These five apps are only a few of those available which promise to make a trip more enjoyable and relaxing. Smart phone owners can always stay up-to-date with the latest information in the travel industry and should take full advantage.