With every week that goes by, it seems there is another new study linking work stress to illness. We all deal with stress, but the important thing is how we cope. At the La Costa Resort and Spa in California, the renowned Dr. Deepak Chopra has been tapped to create a group wellness program at the hotel’s Chopra Center for Wellbeing. The hotel’s specialized programs aim to show guests how to implement core principles of wellness in their workplace.
Paul McCormick, the VP and general manager of La Costa Resort and Spa, told us; “As home of the Chopra Center Worldwide Headquarters, La Costa is excited to be the only resort in the world offering this one-of-a kind programming. This new programming drives home our commitment to providing each guest a well-rounded ‘Mind, Body + Sport’ experience.” The program, called The Chopra Center Workplace Wellbeing program, has a multi-dimensional approach that prioritizes wellness first and workplace second. The curriculum is divided into six categories:
- Inspired Leadership – Unleash the potential for creativity, organizing power and sense of unity.
- Stress Management – Tap into inner silence and wisdom with breathing and meditation practices.
- Move & Energize – Chair yoga teachings invigorate the body and clear a busy mind.
- Work-life Balance – Learn your unique mind-body type and discover how to alleviate imbalance.
- Communication – Improve skills for relationship building and conflict resolution at work and home.
- Nutrition – Discover how simple, mindful eating habits affect health, energy and balance.
The program is available in four time layouts—90-minute, half-day, full-day or multi-day teachings— with additional programs like yoga, meditation, massage and medical consultations also available. The gorgeous facilities at the La Costa are the perfect place to sit back, relax and re-establish the connection between mind and body which so often goes missing in the day-to-day crush of workplace activity. Since its inception in 1965, the Spa at La Costa has set the gold standard for wellness retreats – it was recently named the #1 Wellness Spa in the nation by Spa Magazine, while Travel + Leisure named it the #4 Spa in all of North America.